|A Big Slice is proud to present our very own wine tasting kit, the Bacchus Box, a complete evening of fun in one rosewood box! Challenge your friends to a taste off. May the best wine win! No one, not even the host, knows the identities of the selections. Observe, smell, taste, rank, vote. Was yours the nectar ...or the salad dressing? A relaxed and fun way to discover new favorites. And remember, there is always a next time with the Bacchus Box. Includes everything you need (except wine and glasses) and a free 12 minute instructional DVD. Great gift! To check out the Bacchus Box, click on the red bar above.||A Big Slice is a very large website (including over 200 recipes!) that is organized thematically. But if you know what you are looking for, just click on the red bar above and it will take you to our search page. Type in the term, or recipe in the space provided and it will take you directly to that page. If any links appear to be broken, please let us know at:
|Click above to return to the A Big Slice homepage. From there you will be able to visit our wine and international dinners sections. Plus we have a recipe and craft archive so you can quickly find what you are looking for. If it is contact information that you seek, that is also on the homepage - near the bottom.||Thousands have already signed up for our newsletter. In 2009 we are focusing on the monthly holidays in a different way. How about a Mardi Gras Fais Do Do? Or a hearty St. Patrick's Day Irish Breakfast. We include holiday trivia and history, table settings, napkin folds and of course recipes. All we need is your email address. Click on the red bar above to sign up. Thank you!|
|Click on the above link to return to the main wine and food page. There you will find a listing of twelve different varieties of wine and the menus specially chosen to create perfect pairings.||This recipe was chosen specifically for a dessert wine. If you would like to learn more about dessert wines, and see the rest of our dessert recipes, click the link above.|
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 8oz packages cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan.
2. Thoroughly combine crumbs and butter in a large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of pan and place in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
3. Beat cream cheese until soft. Add sugar and blend thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating continuously. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and blend again.
4. Pour into crumb-lined pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
5. While the cake is baking, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
6. After 35 minutes, remove cake and cover gently with sour cream. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Cool on rack for 30 minutes and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.