|2 large sweet potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound ground, hot sausage
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 cup maple syrup
|1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place the sweet potato cubes on a lilghtly greased jelly roll pan. Drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and perpper to taste.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes until tender.
4. In a bowl, mix the ground sausage with paprika. Form into small balls (1 inch in diameter). Cook in a frying pan over medium heat until done.
5. In a sauce pan over low heat, add the maple syrup and the sage. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the maple syrup and sage mixture on to the bottom of a serving plate. Place on sausage ball and one sweet potato cube on a skewer and stand in the sauce.